These are probably my all-time favorite cookie. I like the Little Debbie version alright, but this...this is something special. I could keep eating these tasty treats.
2 cups of Brown Sugar (I used 1 light, 1 dark brown)
1 stick of Butter (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup of Crisco
1/4 tsp of vanilla
2 1/2 tsps of Cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
2 1/2 cups of Flour
2 Cups of Quick Oats
1/2 tsp of salt
3 1/2 Tbsps of Water
18 oz Jar of Marshmellow Cream
1. Cream butter, Crisco, and sugar in mixer on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. I use a Kitchenaid Professional 5 Quart Mixer with the bowl lift. LOVE IT!
2. Add vanilla, eggs, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and mix. I start out at a low speed for 1 minute and then medium for 2 minutes.
3. In a small microwavable bowl, add 3 1/2 Tbsps of water and 1 tsp of baking soda and microwave til boiling which was about 45 seconds for me. Pour over your mixture and mix again at medium speed.
4. Add oats and flour and mix well. This dough will be pretty thick. I used my Kitchen-Aid and it worked, but it complained to me towards the end about being tired.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Scoop dough onto cookie sheets. I use a cookie scoop to do this. Makes quick, clean, and easy work of dropping cookies. The scoop I used for these was the OXO Medium Cookie Scoop which makes a 1 1/2 Tbsp ball. For baked goods, I always use a Nordic Ware Bakers Half Sheets lined with Silpat Bakers Half Sheet Nonstick Liners. I can fit 12 cookies using medium scoop on each of these and they bake perfectly.
7. Bake each pan of cookies for 10 1/2 minutes or just til the edges start to brown. Let them sit on the pan for 1 minute after removing the pan from oven and then remove to cooling racks.
8. When serving, place a dollop of Marshmellow Cream on top of each cookie and then top with another cookie right before serving (and after cooling). I don't top with cream in advance because the the cream will ooze right off these glorious cookies.
Makes: 36 cookies or 18 Pies
You can print the recipe HERE.