A friend at work, JP, shared this SCRUMPTIOUS recipe with me. Actually, she brought these wonderful delights into work the week before Christmas and they were gone in a flash. I've since made 2 batches for a church function. These would be the PERFECT gameday finger food too!
JP's Chili Cheese Wheels
2 packages of crescent rolls
1 8oz package of Neufchâtel cheese, softened (or 2 pkgs of Cream Cheese)
2 small cans of chopped green chilis
1 small can of chopped black olives (I was out so mine didnt have these)
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 package of Taco Seasoning
Optional: 1-2 tablespoons of Tabasco/Hot sauce to taste (I didn't have this so I just use Hot Taco Seasoning.)
1. Roll out each crescent roll package into the shape of a rectangle. They should come out the package like this, but they will have perforated seams. Either pinch the seams together until the rectangle is solid or use a rolling pin. (I would suggest rolling these out onto wax paper.)
3. Stir green chilis and black olives into cheese mixture.
4. Spread the cheese mixture onto the crescent roll rectangles, half on each.
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly onto each rectangle.
6. Starting with the longest edge of each rectangle and roll up to form 2 logs.
7. Refrigerate for 1 hour or Freeze for 15 minutes. (Make it easier to slice the wheels.)
8. Remove from the freezer. Slice each log into half inch size wheels and place on baking sheet.
(Warning: these are addictive!)