So I've heard this dessert/snack stuff called so many different things- Puppy Chow, Reindeer Chow, Good Stuff, and on the list goes. Around here, I've always called it Puppy Chow.
(Warning: This is SO yummy, but for human consumption only. While it may be called Puppy Chow, it is not for puppies or any other animals. It contains chocolate which can be lethal when consumed by canines. It is so good, though, you wouldn't wanna share any with your furry friend anyway....unless you just happened to have a furry human friend.)
5 cups of Crispix Cereal (you can also use Chex, but I like Crispix better)
1 cup of Peanut Butter (I like Jif)
12 oz. of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (I like Nestle)
1 lb. (about 4 cups) Powdered Sugar
1. Measure out 5 cups of Crispix into a large bowl with a lid.
2. In a medium size bowl, melt the chocolate morsels by placing in the microwave for 1 minute to 1 minute and 15 seconds on high. Morsels may still retain shape at this point, but will melt upon contact.
3. Scoop out 1 cup of peanut butter into a small container. Place this container of PB in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until liquidy.
4. Pour liquid peanut butter into the melted chocolate and stir until well blended.
5. Place PB/Chocolate Mixture back into for about 20 seconds, stir, and then quickly pour over the Crispix.
6. Stir chocolate until the Crispix are completely coated.
7. Pour powdered sugar onto the Crispix, place your lid on the bowl, and shake until thoroughly coated.
8. Let cool, pour over into a clean container or serving dish, and Enjoy!