Saturday, July 3, 2010

Decorating: Look-Alikes or Real Deal?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pottery Barn look. Pretty much everything in the catalog makes me drool (well not literally, but definitely figuratively!). As we are working on fixing up and decorating our house I have been constantly pulling out all the PB catalogs I've collected over the years. Seriously, I signed up to be sent catalogs beginning in 2007, I believe....and I've pretty much kept every single issue. Also, up until about 3 months ago we had a PB Store in a local mall, and once a quarter I would go in a get the free quarterly paint swatch decks they had in store....and yes, I still have all of those. Sadly, the PB Store left, but LUCKY for us we still have a PB Outlet and West Elm Outlet kinda close.

Anyhow, I try to go in the outlet store every other week or so to look for any pieces I might need....Ok, so I know I don't need them, but I am looking for stuff that would help turn our little house into home. I am also ALWAYS on the hunt for PB KnockOffs. You can spot them everywhere it seems these days.

So here's what I have for you today:
An Armillary.

Here's my pic of it.

Is it the real deal or knockoff?
It's been in the PB Catalog for about 1.5 years now. It's a unique and unusual, yet still quite plain piece. Sometimes you see them inside, sometimes you see them outside. Either way, I Love them. Something about them says "Travel" to me. Maybe it's because it looks like a globe, maybe it's the arrow telling you to "Go," I'm not really sure why, but I've always liked them. Then they show up in the PB Catalog and I REALLY like it...lol. So is mine the Real Deal or a Look-Alike??

Well, I'll admit it's a LOOK-ALIKE!
Here's Pottery Barn's Armillary.
Add Image PB's version costs $129!!! No way would I ever pay that! I've been watching and watching and watching for one to come into the outlet store, but so far no luck. Then today, we were at Kohls and sitting right there in the home department waiting for me was $15 armillary!!! $15!!! I actually think it looks better than the PB version. It's a little smaller than the PB version, but it fits on my end table without looking too massive. Love it!

Anyone else find any great knockoffs lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment