Friday, April 29, 2022

Autobahn Indoor Speedway

Have y’all ever tried Autobahn Indoor Speedway? Yesterday, my mom and I had the chance to go see what the hype was all about. (Y’all don’t laugh at my appearance, because I did NOT wash my hair or put on makeup for this lol).


The employees were all really friendly. The front desk informed us we had to make a profile to get our “yearly drivers license” which I believe costs $7.95, but lasts for a whole year. So we input our information, and got that squared away. Then she informed us of all the different specials. We chose a 3 race special which the walk in price is $49, but if you book online I believe they have a buy 2, get 1 free race special for some locations> https://dev.autobahnspeed.com. Also they do give police, fire, military, and teacher discounts! I showed my homeschool teacher verification certificate and bam they applied the discount.  After a brief walk thru of the procedures we were ready to race!


Each race consists of 14 laps! It doesn’t matter what starting position you take because the cars keep up with your speed and position. They start you out a bit slow. I thought man I have this pedal to the metal and it’s not going as fast as they made me believe they could go. Then they opened us up and we started zooming around that track. Once I spun out and blocked the whole track and once moms hand slipped and she crashed dead on into a guardrail. All was fine though because you’re required to wear racing hoods and full blown racing helmets. Mom best my time the first race, but the second race I beat her time. We were worn out after the first two races so we decided to save our third race for another day. Your races never expire so you can always return. 



After our race, they offered us a chance to use their Axe throwing lanes. We jumped at that chance! 
I scored 2 points out of 5 throws, but Mom couldn’t get any to stick. It’s much harder than it looks! 


We faked out being amazing for a picture through lol. 

All in all Autobahn is a really fun (albeit a bit pricey but i get its from an insurance perspective) activity for adults and even older kids. Highly recommend it! We were the only two in the building and those 3 activities took us a little over an hour to complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment