Friday, April 23, 2010

How to Topic: How to Shop at Walgreens

Walgreens, like most convienence/drugstores, is pretty expensive. However, when you pair sales with in-ad coupons, mfr. coupons, and Register Rewards you can get some GREAT deals and even FREE products.

What you need to know about Walgreens:

What are Register Rewards?
Register Rewards (aka RR) are coupons that are printed after you checkout. They are Walgreens specific coupons (you can’t use them elsewhere) that take a specific amount of money off your next Walgreens transaction. Each week in their ad, Walgreens advertises what RR will be available for purchasing what products. The RR's usually expire in 2-3 weeks.


Can I use an RR to buy the same item again that gave me the RR?
Nope! If you use an RR from an item to buy that same item again, you will NOT receive the RR again.


Can I use my RR to buy a different item thats giving an RR?
You CAN use an RR to buy a DIFFERENT item that will give an RR. This is called rolling.


Where can I get Walgreens coupons?
Walgreens places coupons in their ads. Also, at the front of stores by their ads is an Instant Value Coupon (IVC) Booklet that you can grab for free.


How many coupons per item can I use at Walgreens?
Walgreens will allow 1 Walgreens (in-ad or IVC) and 1 Mfr. Coupon per item. NOTE: A RR is considered a mfr. coupon, so make sure that you include that in your coupon count at checkout.


What happens if my RR didn't print and I think it should?
Ask the cashier to check and see if the printer has paper or is jammed. If that is not the issue, ask them to ask a manager about it. I've had them ring the item up again, give me the RR, and then void the item. Thats definitely YMMV though. What you can do is call the company that issues them at 1-888-322-3814. They will need your receipt information. They will either send you the coupon or let you know why you didnt qualify (ie you bought the wrong item).

No comments:

Post a Comment